While most people are watching their shape around the holidays, at Anderson Shumaker, we love all shapes and sizes. Subsequently, we forge round bars, flat bars, blocks, discs and gear blanks, rings, step downs, and more. We make all our open die forgings to match our customers’ exact specifications. We’re also proud of our reputation as a provider of hard-to-find and custom forgings. For example, our shop regularly forges custom shapes in special materials. We can forge small production runs and even just one specified piece.
Anderson Shumaker is a ring-rolling specialists. We forge rings on two radial ring rollers (300-ton and 150-ton radial ring mill). To forge our rings, we cut a hole out of a forging material, and roll it into a thin ring. Our rolled rings offer improved concentrically and smooth surfaces as compared to plate burnouts or butt-welded rings. By not having to bore out the inner diameter, our rolled rings save material and machining costs. We pass this cost-savings on to our customers.
At Anderson Shumaker, we forge the following capabilities:
- Bars: 1” SQ up to 36” Wide, 1.5” DIA up to 36” DIA (20,000 lbs max)
- Blocks: 54” Cross Section (15,000 lbs max)
- Discs: 3” DIA up to 72” DIA (15,000 lbs max)
- Rings: 3” OD up to 72” OD and 30” in height (10,000 lbs max)
- Special Shapes: size & weight upon application
We also maintain an extensive stock of billet and a reliable inventory on our shop floor. Typical metal grades in our inventory include alloy, aluminum, nickel-based alloys, titanium, tool steel, and more. Therefore, we can obtain special metals for our customers whenever a project calls for it.
Need a Forge Shop Quote?
- Click Here: Request a Quote
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://andersonshumaker.com/