March 23, 2020 – Important Announcement: Anderson Shumaker’s Operation Schedule
On March 21 at 5:00 PM, the State of Illinois enforced a “Shelter at Home Order.” This order aims to flatten the curve of COVID-19 pandemic. Because of this order, all non-essential businesses will temporarily close. However, manufacturing is considered an essential business. Therefore, Anderson Shumaker will operate until further notice. Our business will continue using procedures designed to keep our workforce, clients, and colleagues protected. Please read the below ways in which Anderson Shumaker is working to keep our city, state, and country safely at work.
COVID-19 Measures at Anderson Shumaker
At Anderson Shumaker, we care about health & safety measures for our employees, clients, and colleagues. As a socially conscious company, it’s our responsibility to address the impact of COVID-19. Therefore, we’d like to share how we are doing our part to flatten the curve.
We are closely monitoring and following directives from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). We remain committed to providing a safe, healthy work environment while also being a good global citizen to all the communities we serve. Therefore, we have established rules and regulations regarding the COVID-19 situation as it unfolds in real time.
Anderson Shumaker’s COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures:
- We’ve provided all employees with up-to-date information on COVID-19. This includes detailed measures on how to prevent transmission as well as what to do if they or a loved one becomes ill.
- If any employee is feeling ill or caring for an ill individual, they will remain home and self-quarantine for 14 days.
- We have amended our attendance and benefit plan to assist employees and their loved ones directly impacted by COVID-19. This helps alleviate the financial concern of missing work.
- We have deferred all non-essential domestic and all international travel.
- To protect our employees, we are limiting visitors to our facilities. Unannounced visitors are not allowed inside our office or forge shop. Visitors who have traveled in the in the last 14 days are also not allowed inside our office or forge shop. We are providing sanitary thermal (ear) thermometers and requiring all employees and visitors to safely check temperatures. Anyone with a fever is asked to return home and monitor their symptoms.
- We have implemented rigorous and expanded cleaning protocols. For example, we frequently sanitize shared areas, amenities, tools and machinery.
- We have mandated strict additional hygiene measures to ensure all employees frequently use sanitation measures, as well as avoid working within 6 feet of one another while in the office and forge shop.
- Where possible, we have limited the staff working in our offices through flexible work arrangements.
- We have transitioned all meetings and interviews to phone or video conferencing.
- We have postponed company gatherings, events, and facility tours.
A Note on Fulfillment, Shipping and Delivery Times
While we will continue our forging operations, please note that with travel bans and state-wide changes made to ensure social distancing, shipping delays may occur. For instance, customers in regions heavily impacted by COVID-19 may experience shipping delays. We will update clients with disruption notices as they occur, and we are continuing to monitor travel bans and restrictions on the movement of orders to ensure we keep our customers as up to date as possible.
We are all in this together. As we readjust our daily schedules and routines to keep our loved ones, family members, friends, and colleagues safe, we are here to support each other and do our part to flatten the curve.