Forged seamless rolled rings are an Anderson Shumaker specialty. While we’re carefully following new health and safety protocols to help flatten the curve of COVID-19, we’re at work fulfilling our customers’ critical supply chain needs. This includes the need for forged rolled rings. Let’s take a deeper look into these specialty products.
How are Forged Seamless Rolled Rings Made?
To forge rolled rings, we first cut a hole into the specified material. Then, the material is rolled into a thin ring. This process improves the ring’s concentricity, and makes it seamless. As a result, our rolled rings have smooth surfaces, unlike plate burnouts or butt-welded rings. Check out this YouTube video to watch an Anderson Shumaker 316 stainless rolled ring.
Benefits of Forged Seamless Rolled Rings
These products offer many benefits, including:
- Cost Savings: Rolled rings require less machining, and the forging process produces less material waste. Because of how they’re made, these products offer a much lower cost overall; a savings we’re happy to pass on to our customers.
- Strength: Our forging processes ensure excellent grain flow, which creates high strength and resistance to impact and fatigue. Our rolled rings maintain their durability, even in elevated temperatures.
- Heat Tolerance: Our rolled rings have predictable reactions to heat treatments. This makes secondary processing easier to control, yielding optimum results.
- Material Range: We can forge our rolled rings in a variety of materials, including: alloy steel, aluminum, carbon steel, nickel alloys, stainless steel, and titanium. Even more, our shop can forge in hard-to-find materials (request a quote for more information).
- Reliability: Our forged seamless rolled rings yield a high degree of product reliability. Our talented forge masters can accurately predict the strength, heal tolerance, and process necessary for each material we forge. Therefore, we can roll rings quickly and accurately to our customers’ specifications.
Anderson Shumaker Rolled Ring Capabilities:
We forge rings 3” OD up to 72” OD, and up to 10,000 lbs. Additionally, we offer some of the fastest industry lead-times. Many forged seamless rolled rings can ship days after an order. We’ve been rolling rings since 1902; our clients can be confident of the quality and perfection of our rolled rings.
Contact us today to get your project rolling!
Need a Forge Shop Quote?
- Click Here: Request a Quote
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://andersonshumaker.com/