Our many certifications are very important at Anderson Shumaker. We’re proud to be PED (June 2019), AS9001D (March 2019), and ISO 9001:2015 (September 2018) certified. We’ve earned each key certification due to our diligent management and our dedicated workforce. However, while we’ve blogged about our PED and AS9001D certifications, we haven’t highlighted our very important ISO 9001:2015 certification.
What is an ISO Certification?
ISO stands for “International Organization for Standardization.” ISO is an independent, non-government headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. ISO works in 164 countries. Therefore, it is an global standard-setting body that promotes worldwide proprietary, commercial, and industrial standards.
Achieving ISO standards are voluntary. Therefore, companies like as Anderson Shumaker don’t have to comply. However, it’s really in our best interest to earn this certification. Why? Because an ISO certification means we’ve worked hard to create recognized, efficient management processes to monitor our forging operations. This means we have the tools to identify any possible disruption issues, and that we can fix them immediately. This really helps our budget and our bottom line. Most importantly, lets our customers know they can rely on us to deliver.
What Does is an ISO 9001:2015 Certification?
At Anderson Shumaker, we’re proud to be ISO 9001:2015 certified. This replaces our previous ISO 9001:2008 certification. This newest certification includes higher-level structure requirements for our management systems. As a result, we maintain a quality management system. To maintain our certification, we have to pass annual audits by independent third-party companies. For instance, third-party companies evaluate our systems to make sure we’re meeting all standards, and we’re delivering on our promises.
Key Reasons to Be ISO 9001:2015 Certified
- Increased Employee Productivity: Engaged employees are motivated to succeed. ISO certifications provide a summarized set of requirements for both success and satisfaction. Having an ISO certification means that companies like Anderson Shumaker have both employee development and continued education programs. This helps our workforce stay current with customers’ needs. Therefore, it helps us be a customer-oriented business.
- Improved Efficiency and Waste Reduction: An ISO certification helps prevent waste through preventative measures. For example, problems are ideally avoided before they happen due to both efficient management and production standards. This helps Anderson Shumaker continuously improve efficiency while reducing waste.
- Created Thorough Business Processes: Earning an ISO certification means mapping out thorough business processes. This helps us define responsibilities for our quality control and communicate all specifications to our workforce. Therefore, it helps Anderson Shumaker meet value metrics, including forging to customers exact specifications, equipment efficiency, and meeting on-time deliveries. All of these processes add up to two important things: growth and profitability.
- We Deliver on Excellent Customer Experience: The best part of an ISO certification is the improved customer service experience. This certification helps Anderson Shumaker identify the most important customer needs and how we can meet their expectations. If we can deliver on-time, quality forged products with little waste in time and materials, it brings value to our customers. This in turn makes us a reliable forged parts supplier.
For all these reasons and more, we’re proud of our ISO 9001:2015 certification!
Need a Forge Shop Quote?
- Click Here: Request a Quote
- Contact: email@example.com
- Website: https://andersonshumaker.com/
- Stock: Stock List (Metal Grades)